Saturday 3 October 2009

Zooey & Ben

Zooey Deschanel and Ben Gibbard just have to be the sweetest couple on the planet.


Zooey:


She is so darn lovely.... I love her in movies, despite the fact that - perhaps - she plays pretty similar characters in all of them, if you know what I mean. But what really surprised me was when I first heard her singing voice. She's the 'she' in the band She & Him.


The first track I heard was 'why do you let me stay here?' which I just love, but other great ones are 'this is not a test' and 'I was made for you.' Check out all of them to be honest. I respect her so much for being able to diversify in this way, and now to be respected equally as a singer as she is as an actress, which is difficult and unusual, methinks.

And her other half, Ben Gibbard.... frontman of one of my all time favourite bands, Death Cab for Cutie.


ain't he a cutie. (HA what a pun! the hilarious thing is that i didn't even notice that till I re-read this post!!!! hence me now putting it in bold....)

SO, if you are unaware of Death Cab then you just have to listen to a few tracks... goddammit no listen to all of them!! But a few faves... um.... this is hard! ok:

I will follow you into the dark - beautiful acoustic love song, probs their most well-known.
Crooked Teeth - another one from the album 'Plans' - a bit more cheery track!
I will possess your heart - haunting, creepy, amazing
Cath... - a great one, awesome lyrics
The ice is getting thinner - very very sad. very very beautiful.

wow it was tricky to choose a mere five to recommend!! An amazing band.

well back to my point...

this couple are just the ultimate. Number one indie couple ever. nuff said.





au revoir. x

No comments:

Post a Comment