Sunday 4 October 2009

The Darling Buds

My random post of the day is about a band called The Darling Buds.
Not the same as the indie band from the late 80s, early 90s, by the way... But a new(ish) band with the same name...

Their most famous attribute, perhaps, is the fact that their lead singer is actually a pretty big actor, Jamie Campbell Bower.

http://www.mtv.com/photos/meet-the-cast-of-new-moon/1607683/3707275/photo.jhtml

He played Anthony Hope in Tim Burton's 'Sweeney Todd,' and is going to play Caius in the next twilight film, New Moon. Oh AND he's gonna be in the final Harry Potter film as Gellert Grindelwald. So he's pretty much on the brink of superstardom, being in the cast of two of the most anticipated series' of the last few years, Twilight AND Harry Potter. Pretty cool huh? Maybe I'm biased because I know his little brother (that's literally my only claim to fame....) But a bit more advertising (albeit on a blog that no one reads - yet) can't hurt, riiiight?

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2007/12/12/theater/16todd.score2.ready.html

Ok so on to the band. I was shown their myspace by Jamie Campbell Bower's brother, and, I'll admit, the first time I listened to the song they have posted there, 'Where Did All My Friends Go?' I did kiiiinda start laughing when Jamie's voice goes up into a high falsetto during one of the verses.

But actually, a couple of days later I went back onto their myspace and had another listen... And now I can't stop listening to it. It's a really great song.

http://www.myspace.com/thedarlingbudsmusic

so check out their myspace. Give 'Where did all my friends go' a couple of listens, honestly. some of the lyrics are awesome:

blessed be the solder who fights the wars that we have won,
he's told to live his life not by his heart, but by his gun.

ironically that verse is the same one that initially had me in hysterics at the pitch of his voice...

NME's opinion of 'the darling buds' was: 'well.........they look good?'

hah! well, I read NME, but everyone's entitled to their own opinion, so check them out and make up your own mind. I hope they get some recognition as a band in their own right, and for the music they make, rather than just because their lead singer will sooner or later have as many screaming fans chasing him down the street as Robert Pattinson. Ok well maybe not that many. One, two, maybe three if he's lucky?

see ya.



sorry, i have to add this....

how FINE does he look here!! i am STILL trying to convince his brother to introduce me. I don't think it's gonna happen any time soon..... but a girl can dream can't she?

http://helloastronaut.tumblr.com/post/100174247

No comments:

Post a Comment