Wednesday 16 December 2009

The Drums


"We only write about two feelings: one is the first day of summer when you and all of your friends are standing on the edge of a cliff watching the sun set and being overcome with all of your hopes and dreams at once. The other is when you're walking alone in the rain and realize you will be alone forever."

ooh, deep...

But sarcasm aside, it is a nice quote.


There is something beach-boys-esque about the drums, especially in their first single, 'let's go surfing,' which is in no way a bad thing when combined with the sort of post-punky thing they've got going on. Their EP, summertime!, is awesome, definitely worth getting. Granted, it's a shame it was released at the start of October, just as summertime (!) was finishing, had it come out earlier I'm pretty sure it would have featured heavily in the soundtrack of my July/August.


Here's my current fave of the seven, though I love all of them and my preference depends on my mood! It's also one of the lesser known ones, but it is literally impossible not to groove along to. and seriously, I don't dance, so I wouldn't say something like that lightly!!


Gonna see them at the NME Shockwaves Tour in Feb with THE MACCABEES and THE BIG PINK and BOMBAY BICYCLE CLUB!!!! ahh!! ah!! ahhhhhh!! such a good line up. Rather excited about that one...


2 comments:

  1. aah thank you for your amazing little note you left on my blog! :) you made me smile so much.
    your blog is super interesting! i like alot!
    ----
    oh my goodness, i cannot stop dancing while i am listening to that AMAZING song. thank you ever so much!! hehe.
    hope you are well.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... they all have the same haircut ;) (sort of)

    ReplyDelete