Friday 28 May 2010

toutes les choses

Is it time for me to do one of those really long posts with random pictures/songs/pointless ramblings about my life because I've finally found the time to blog now that I'm home for the first time in four weeks?

"Yes Georgie, I think that would be a swell idea."

Oh ok then, dear friends, if you verily insist, I shall proceed to do exactly that.

I've been attempting to revise of late.

This girl seems to have got the wrong end of the stick; it is not enough, from my experience, to lean elegantly against the bookshelves, in order to gain knowledge one must read them. Shame really, this would be far less time consuming.


My love for Bombay Bicycle Club is back with a vengeance now that the first single from their forthcoming acoustic album, 'Flaws', has come out, called 'Ivy and Gold.' The fact that they can debut with an incredibly tight album of super catchy indie rocky tunes then produce this sort of a mellow contrast less than a year later proves how damn good this band is. This song's beautiful, slightly Mumford-esque, but with dear Jack Steadman's instantly recognizable vocals setting it all off with a slightly different edge from M & Sons. Here it is, live from Bristol. Ecoute!


What else...
I'm liking these beautiful photos from a Keller NY ad campaign a lot..










Also moderately obsessed with this song at the moment. Very good, especially when in headphones & loud.


I like the video too. It's funny, as I think it's meant to be, but then also in a way very lonely.

And in very exciting news...

Tumblr_kz8h7mtrtj1qaak5ro1_400_large

Anyone remember my obsession with pink hair a few posts back?

Well I did what I said I would.. and bought a wig :)
Bright pink, long, blunt fringe...
I'm in love.

When I take it off it makes my normal blondeish hair feel very boring.
I'm always toying with the idea of making it a bit lighter...
perhaps.....?
what do we all think?


Right. That is definitely enough rambling for this evening.

Over and out.

7 comments:

  1. Hello :)

    Well, Bombay Bicycle Club = FANTASTIC!!!! I love 'em too :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog! You have a lot of beautiful pictures on your blog...and I'm thinking we like the same style of music! I'll be following :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had to pop a little BBC video on my last post! Haha

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. pink hair is wonderful. All these pictures are very dreamy
    -indigo

    ReplyDelete
  5. BBC are amazing!! And love all these beautiful images xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i MUST see this pink hair! Can you photograph and post yourself wearing it? Like an outfit post, but a hair post...
    x
    cheap kicks.
    (It still going!)

    ReplyDelete